Tomorrow is the start of Inman Connect 2015 and whether you’ve already made it to The Big Apple or are en route, by this time tomorrow we’ll all be knee deep in snow and looking to stay warm.
Onboard’s 2015 Storm Survival Guide is designed to make your trip a little easier.
- Get the latest alerts on public transportation – sign up here
- The latest on sidewalks, closures, and more throughout the city – sign up here
- Worried about traffic? Here’s a real-time visual of traffic congestion in New York
- Wondering about snow removal? Here’s how to tell when local streets have been last plowed
- Hail a taxi like a local. Here’s a guide on how to effectively hail NYC cabs
- Taxis not available? Uber has raised their rates 2.8 times for the duration of the storm (the next two days) and Lyft has capped their surge pricing at 200 percent
- Heading in from Jersey? The latest on NJ TRANSIT‘s rail, bus and light rail. PATH train will run on a weekend schedule, starting at 9 PM tonight
- Order like a local – your hotel has room service, but check out this app to order in like a real New Yorker.
Check out the map below for hot spots around the Marriot Marquis including the best place for hot chocolate,comfort food, bars with fireplaces, and local liquor stores.
Share your tips for how to survive the storm at Inman in our comment section below. Here’s to a great event despite the not-so-great weather. Stay safe, stay warm, and we’ll see you at Inman!
Bars w/ Fireplace