IDX LISTINGS DATA
Onboard offers the first-ever API listings platform in the industy and features lookup flexibility, seamless integration fo high-quality photos, and the most advanced search capabilities available today. The listings data is a combination of property data (also known as MLS IDX data feeds), a powerful search API developed exclusively for real estate search, and value added content. These pieces were combined in order to allow website developers to quickly and intelligently implement listings search on websites, in blogs, and even within back office systems.
Onboard Listings Data is only available to MLS-approved real estate professionals. It provides the ability to integrate IDX listings into consumer-facing websites in a way that is compliant with MLS display rules. This service offers various search methods to determine the most relevant listings that fit a consumer’s search criteria. Search results are delivered as eXtensible Markup Language (XML), such that the MLS participant’s website may display the results in a compelling, approved manner based on the requirements of each individual MLS. In addition to the standard search features, the system offers various search filters including beds, baths, price, and many other relevant preferences as set forth by each individual MLS rules and regulations.
Core to the Listings Search Engine are the notions of searching based on various property, geographic, area and “lifestyle” attributes that are not found in any other IDX system. For example, a search may be conducted to determine all the townhomes within a 20 minute commute of an individual’s work location and within a half mile of public transit that are priced between $500,000 and $700,000 and have a view.
The Onboard Listings Search Engine is designed to allow Application Developers to quickly and efficiently integrate IDX search capabilities into MLS board-approved Broker and Agent websites. Because the capabilities are consistent across all MLS feeds, developers may focus more time on differentiating the website experience. As new data attributes become available from each MLS, they are added to the API as quickly as possible to enable both search and display of the content.
- Singular, Standardized Feed – We collect data from MLS (standard and RETs), process it, standardize the property features then return it in our standard property record format as a single feed, no matter how many MLSs are represented.
- Frequency of Updates – Currently we offer updates daily. Our goal is to update as frequent as data is available to us plus 15 minutes.
- Data Accuracy – We create a sister record for each property record. The sister record contains all of the property detail data that is created and edited by Onboard. This data is used to improve search results.
In addition to the standard search functionality, the service also provides a robust set of helpers or “Lookups” that provide greater insight into the data on the system. For example, the lookups can describe the specific geographies represented in the data, the specific property styles represented in an individual feed and other information required to make a compelling user experience. All of these methods behave is the same request/response fashion.
- Geographic Search: Address + distance, City, Place, Zip Code, County, Neighborhood
- Enhanced Search: Map Coordinates, Latitude/Longitude, User-Defined Area, Commute Time, Commute Distance
- Search Filters: Property Type, Bed/Bath/Price, Property View, Home Style, Square Feet, Lot Size, Nearby Points of Interest, MLS Area, School District, Listing Agent, Property Features (Garage, Waterfront, Horse Property, Gated Community, Basement, Fireplace, etc.)
- Real-time access to listings data
- Enhanced photo integration capabilities